Our 2013 Software as a Service (SaaS) predictions focus on the increasing role Platform as a Service (PaaS) will play with SaaS, new opportunities for SaaS in IT management and emerging geographies such as China. We also offer our predictions on the future of SLAs, and the increasing role of internal CSBs.
Key findings from our predictions include:
- Service-level agreements (SLAs) will continue to lag behind customer needs.
- Platform as a service (PaaS) will become a must-have for enterprise-class software as a service (SaaS) applications.
- Increasing number of I&O organizations using SaaS ITSSM tools will move back to On Premises.
- The role of Internal Cloud Service Brokers will become more important for Enterprise SaaS intiatives.
- The China market will increase its use of SaaS.
Read Complimentary Relevant Research
Cloud Computing Primer for 2017
Cloud has evolved from a disruption to an expected approach to traditional as well as next-generation IT. Our research helps IT leaders,...
View Relevant Webinars
Cloud Megavendors: CIOs Must Understand Vendor Cloud Strategies
Price wars, partnerships, acquisitions and co-opetition, along with rampant confusion and cloud washing, are setting the stage for battle...
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.