by Mark Raskino | August 10, 2012 | Comments Off
Last week I had the pleasure of meeting with a number of CIO clients in the Southern California area. Our discussion topic was strategic innovation. After reminding ourselves of the great IT related changes of the last 2 decades, we looked ahead. I asked them to imagine looking back on today from the future, from 2025. When we assess this period, the second decade of the 21st century, what will have been the most disruptive technology related change in their industries?
Amongst the fascinating answers we heard:
- true mass customisation of financial products
- the auto drive car
- a social attitude shift to health record openness
- a big consolidation of higher education institutions
- cashless retailing
- remote home appliance control from anywhere
- mass custom fit clothing
- remote connected healthcare devices keeping patients out of hospital
Most of the CIOs quickly realised that such prediction is very difficult. For example in 1992, few people anticipated the changes the web would bring within a decade.
Try it yourself, for your own industry.. It can only help you to think bigger and in so doing, add more value to your business.
Category: Uncategorized Tags: