Since this is my first blog post on the Gartner Blog Network, I thought it might be best to introduce myself. I…
- …am an analyst in the Collaboration and Content Strategies team in Burton Group Research (now part of Gartner).
- …presently cover content management, enterprise search, collaborative workspaces, and open source alternatives for these solutions. However, I have plenty of opinions, so just about any IT topic is fair game on this blog.
- …have been in an IT role for over 25 years. I’ve been a coder, sysadmin, system integrator, project planner, program manager, and IT researcher.
- …love hearing all sides of an argument and enjoy learning different perspectives through constructive debate. I’m not afraid to say I was wrong.
- …can be a uber-geek. I’m not so much a gadget-guy. But I don’t let things like installing servers, databases, or other software get in my way of learning something new, when it’s necessary.
- …think virtualization is custom-made for a busy geek like me.
- …regard open source as an incredible advancement in software. However, I consider myself a practical IT person who wants to leverage all alternatives and supports using whatever works.
However, technology alone is boring. The challenges I find most fulfilling are around discovering what it takes for technology to change people’s lives and make them more effective. Because this is when technology becomes the most interesting — when it is used and it makes a difference.
Category: Uncategorized Tags: