From Peter Redshaw. I’m just back from the hugely successful Gartner Symposium in Orlando, USA, so now I have only the one week to help make final preparations for its sister event in Cannes, France! Orlando provided lots of evidence that confidence in the IT industry is starting to grow again and the banking and investment services team there was delighted that we got such a fantastic turnout for the banking workshops at the industries’ “Super Sunday” event.
If you are already booked for Cannes, then I wish you safe travels and look forward to seeing you there — if not, it’s an open event and not invitation only – see here to book your place. In the meantime, why not have a quick look at the very concise podcast and videocast we have prepared for Financial Services.
The podcast looks at the wider FS agenda for the week at Cannes while the videocast focuses on the “Six Killers” presentation that will kick off the FS sessions on Monday morning. You can find them here:
There are presentations, forums, workshops, analyst-user roundtables and networking events throughout the week. Some of these are “by registration only” sessions, so it is worth having a look at the event website and using the Agenda Builder to add these sessions to your calendar, and where necessary register your attendance. A quick summary is:
1. Six Things That Could Kill Your Financial Services Firm in 24 Months
09:30-10:30, Monday, 02 November 2009 (Location: Palais des Festivals – Ambassadeurs 2)
2. Financial Services Workshop: ‘Cost Optimization Best Practices’ and ‘Banking on Recovery’
11:00-13:30, Monday, 02 November 2009 (Location: Palais des Festivals – Ambassadeurs 1)
3. Gartner Analyst/User Roundtable: BPO for Banking/Investment Services
15:45-16:45, Monday, 02 November 2009 Speaker: Peter Redshaw
4. Gartner Analyst/User Roundtable: Collaborating With Regulators in the ‘New’ Financial Services Industry
17:00-18:00, Monday, 02 November 2009 Speaker: Alistair Newton
5. Workshop: How Will You Survive the Six Killers of the Retail Banking Sector?
08:00-09:30, Tuesday, 03 November 2009 Speakers: Alistair Newton and Peter Redshaw
6. Gartner Analyst/User Roundtable: Offshoring for Banking/Investment Services
15:45-16:45, Tuesday, 03 November 2009 Speaker: Peter Redshaw
7. Gartner Analyst/User Roundtable: Development of End-Customer-Oriented IT in Financial Services
14:30-15:30, Tuesday, 03 November 2009 Speaker: Alistair Newton
8. Executive Roundtable: The Future of European Insurance
14:30-15:30, Wednesday, 04 November 2009 Speaker: Juergen Weiss
9. Gartner Analyst/User Roundtable: To Cloud or Not to Cloud — How Applicable is Cloud Computing and SaaS for the Insurance Industry?
16:00-17:00, Wednesday, 04 November 2009 Speaker: Juergen Weiss
10. Gartner Analyst/User Roundtable: Pan-European Insurance Platforms – Dream or Reality?
09:45-10:45, Thursday, 05 November 2009 Speaker: Juergen Weiss
11. Insurance Networking Lunch (please note that this lunch requires pre-registration and is limited to 80 attendees)
13:15-14:30, Tuesday, 03 November 2009 Speaker: Juergen Weiss