If you have questions about Microsoft SharePoint 2010–what are the new features, what are their business value, should we upgrade, etc.–Burton Group‘s Collaboration and Content Strategies service recently published a series of deep-dive reports on SharePoint 2010 that you may find useful. Note: a subscription to Burton Group services is required to access them:
- Larry Cannell, An Early Assessment of SharePoint 2010’s Content Management and Search Capabilities, 1 April 2010, 25 pages.
- Craig Roth, Early Assessment: SharePoint 2010 for Portals, 8 April 2010, 17 pages.
- Mike Gotta, An Early Assessment of SharePoint 2010’s Social Computing Capabilities, 14 April 2010, 38 pages.
Other resources include:
- Craig Roth’s blog post about the SharePoint 2010 launch event.
- A report on Microsoft’s Business Productivity Online Suite (BPOS) that includes information on SharePoint Online: Guy Creese, To [Microsoft] BPOS or Not to BPOS? That Is the Question, 11 February 2010, 31 pages.
- A CCS TeleBriefing: A First Look at SharePoint 2010, 13 and 14 May 2010.