Things I will have to explain to my 5 year old son in time:
- Group photos. These seemed to end when we stopped working in offices. I miss group photos. The rigid hierarchies I don’t.
- Disks and diskettes. Although we seem just as good as losing thumb-drives. Try losing an 8 inch floppy.
- That box of parallel cables
- When P-n-P wasn’t. Connecting a new hard drive was up there with heart surgery. Having to manually entering how many sectors and set some pins? That was classy yet pointless.
- x.400 email addresses.
- Making your own LAN cables.
- Filling the red DataQuest binder with the monthly paper sheets(yes – I was a customer).
- Manually entering crypto keys.
- All that stuff in the box in the basement.
Category: Uncategorized Tags: