It is a bittersweet thing to say goodbye to a great team member while opening the door for a new, potentially great team member. Sean Kenefick is leaving our team to pursue entrepreneurial interests. Sean has done a great job covering ALM, DevOps and other software development life cycle issues. I wish Sean all the best in his new focus and I hope that our professional paths will cross again.
We now have an opportunity to bring a great newcomer to the Application Platform Strategy (APS) team. Our team covers every aspect of application development (AD) you can imagine – from middleware, to mobile, to user experience, application architecture, cloud platforms, business process management, SOA, agile and SDLC practices, and so on. If you’re a solution architect seeking guidance on AD-related technology and practices we are the best group in Gartner to speak with. We’re looking for one more great analyst or analyst wannabe to fill out the team.
We’re not looking to “replace” Sean. While there’s clearly an opportunity to address a gap in our coverage, we’re looking for the “right person” more than the “right coverage”. When we’re qualifying candidates, we will closely examine:
- Depth of practitioner experience
- Customer-centric thinking
- Demonstrated willingness to take a position, articulate it well, and engage others in doing so
- Ability to write, including technical documentation, books, and articles
- Ability to verbally communicate, including presentations for large and small audiences
- The right temperament and a heavy dose of intellectual curiosity
If you’ve always wanted to be an analyst but never had the courage to ask, this is your opportunity. Please use the below link to learn more about the job, and feel free to contact me or Anne Thomas Manes directly if you want to find out what being an analyst is all about.
Category: Uncategorized Tags: