I’ve not had time to blog in a while, thanks to my slamming research and conference schedule. I guess I shouldn’t complain – I enjoy getting out to see the folks, and some of my colleagues find themselves at Gartner Symposia on nearly every continent. By comparison my schedule is tame. So, where will I be this Fall?
- Monday, 10/18 – Gartner Keynote: New Realities, Rules, and Opportunities (with various distinguished colleagues)
- Tuesday, 10/19 – Debate: Shared-Hardware vs. Shared-Everything Multitenancy (with Lydia Leong and Ray Valdes)
- Tuesday, 10/19 – Web Application Development in 2015: Shifting Sands
- Tuesday, 10/19 – Vendor Roulette: Predicting the Next M&A Moves (with Ray Valdes and David Mitchell Smith)
- Thursday, 10/21 – Platform as a Service: The Strategic Center of Cloud Computing Architecture (with Yefim Natis)
- Monday, 10/25 – Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2011
- Tuesday, 10/26 – Emerging Trends and Technologies: Now that You Have the Bandwidth
- Wednesday, 10/27 – The Cloud Computing Scenario
After some much needed R&R I will be landing for Mashery’s the Business of APIs conference in downtown San Francisco. Just a little over a week later, I am chairing the Application Development track at Gartner’s Application Architecture, Development & Integration conference in Los Angeles November 15-17, where again I get to meet with the folks and present some interesting pitches:
- Monday, 11/15 – End-User Roundtable: Best Practices in Cutting Development Cost
- Monday, 11/15 – Rapid Fire: If We Build Cloud APIs, Do We (Still) Need Cloud Integration (with Benoit Lheureux)
- Tuesday, 11/16 – Rapid Fire: Apptrepreneurship: Your Next Great Software Delivery Model?
- Wednesday, 11/17 – Web & Cloud Development 2015: Prepare for Shifting Sands
That rounds out my Gartner conference travel schedule and while I’m excited about the great material and big audiences I expect to see, I am a little bummed that I’ll be forced to miss some of the premier AD conferences of the season, including Adobe MAX and Microsoft PDC. Fortunately my consolation prize is attendance at DreamForce in early December, which should be an interesting opportunity to see what’s up with VMforce, among other things!
I hope to see some of you at these events!
Read Complimentary Relevant Research
Predicts 2017: Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence is changing the way in which organizations innovate and communicate their processes, products and services. Practical...
View Relevant Webinars
How to Live Without Mobile Device Management
This webinar addresses the growing trend of users refusing to have enterprise management of their mobile devices due to privacy concerns....
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.