- We find willing candidates with real world expertise in a given technology space.
- We isolate these interviews from any consulting. We try to be observers, and let the interviews challenge our preconceptions.
- We isolate interviews from sales activities. Many of the participants in the research interviews are not Gartner customers.
- We visit interviewees in their own work location for several hours.
- We ask open-ended questions about their challenges, experiences, and opinions.
- We gather the findings via multi-hour interpretation sessions, involving the CR team.
- We distill findings with a massive consolidation session. Attached is a photo of one corner of our consolidation room.
- We create new documents for our customers to offer insight in to industry evolution and trends.
Read Complimentary Relevant Research
Predicts 2017: Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence is changing the way in which organizations innovate and communicate their processes, products and services. Practical...
View Relevant Webinars
Align Marketing & Customer Experience to Build Loyal Advocates
EDT: 10:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. | PDT: 7:00 a.m. & 10:00 a.m. | GMT: 14:00 & 17:00 Great customer experience design demands data-driven...
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.