I’m looking forward to our Catalyst conference in San Diego and I know our clients and other attendees are too. Some who own SharePoint or other collaborative systems have asked what they should see at the conference, so I’ve curated an informal virtual track for attendees interested in SharePoint, collaboration, or intranets.
For SharePoint attendees, this is an inbetween year for SharePoint releases so we decided not to rehash Sharepoint-specific technical presentations from previous years. By now you should know what SharePoint 2010 does and how to use it, and if not our documents and presentations are still available. Next year when there’s more new stuff to say about SharePoint 2013 we’ll have more SharePoint-specific sessions. This is the time to focus on many of the challenges that are impacting collaborative systems.
Here is my rundown of a virtual SharePoint track (or collaboration/productivity/intranet track) at Catalyst 2012 in San Diego, highlighting the sessions that I think would provide the most industry perspective to foresee, understand, and solve challenges that relate to SharePoint, collaboration, or intranets. Where two selections conflict, I’ve listed them both on the same line to indicate the choice. Note that some are workshops or roundtables, which run longer than presentations.
Monday, August 20, 2012 (Day 1)
- Information Everywhere Keynote
- Picking the Right Mobile File Sync Solution Workshop or How are IT Organizations Adapting to the Enterprise Social Software Landscape Workshop
- The Three Steps to Maximizing Content Mobility
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 (Day 2)
- Enterprise Attention Management and Information Overload Coping Strategies Workshop
- The Joy of Information Abundance and Metadata in the Real World or another idea is to replace both of those with the Gamification, Social and the User Experience Workshop
- What Is Metadata, What Is It Used For, and What Is Its Value? Roundtable
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 (Day 3)
- Preparing for the Enterprise Social Graph
- Scorecarding SaaS Collaboration Solutions: And the Winner Is … or New Office Workspaces for 2020: What It Means to You roundtable
- Improving Adoption of Collaboration and Social Technology workshop or Mobility’s Tipping Point: Making Unstructured Work More Effective
Thursday, August 23, 2012 (Day 4, morning only)
- The Everywhere Office: From Myth to Reality
- The Future of the Future Productivity Vision
- The Future of Mobility