Hello! Welcome to my blog on the Gartner Blogging Network. I’ve been blogging for quite a while on my Burton Group service blog (Collaboration and Content Strategies blog) and personal blog (KnowledgeForward), but I’m new to Gartner and GBN. In the spirit of the “hello world” posts by my teammates Guy Creese and Larry Cannell, here’s an introduction to me. I …
- … am an analyst in the Collaboration and Content Strategies service in the IT Practitioner (nee Burton Group) part of Gartner
- … am also the Service Director for the CCS service
- … cover topics that cross collaboration, content, and communication such as portals, Microsoft SharePoint, attention management (a higher level response to information overload), content authoring trends, enterprise virtual worlds, collaboration governance, and collaboration business cases
- … have also been a coder, systems analyst, manager, management consultant
- … owned a software gaming company in the late 80’s, but have been in the corporate world since
- … have an MBA from the University of Chicago in Economics and Marketing, which I find comes in handy for cost and incentive discussions and parsing vendor hype
- … really enjoy finding the common threads and root causes across seemingly disparate technology, business, and academic disciplines. I like the challenge of lifting a client’s specific problem up to a higher level for analysis, and then returning to its specific context to tailor-make a solution fitting the technological, organizational, and cultural situation.
- … look forward to speaking with you about the intersection of collaboration, content, and communication!
Category: Uncategorized Tags: