by Ben Tomhave | March 20, 2014 | Comments Off on Join Us! SRMS has an opening!
The official listing covers a LOT of territory, but here are some things to consider:
- This position is with Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP), which is distinctly different from the IT Leaders (ITL) team (which produces marketscopes, magic quadrants, etc.). Our focus is on an architectural perspective and we often approach research from the perspective of addressing technical questions.
- Positions are generally work-from-home/remote!
- The amount of travel required tends to be fairly low.
- Doing research is the top priority!
- Work-load is a nice balance between research, writing, speaking, and “other stuff” (like sales support).
- There are plenty of opportunities for client interactions.
- The pace of research is very nice, in large part because our documents tend to be longer and more thorough. For example, a typical GTP document will run anywhere from 25-40 pages, whereas ITL papers will typically be under 15 pages. Our audiences tend to be different, though security and risk management do tend to have some overlap.
- SRMS is an awesome team! This is really a fun bunch to work with.
- The sky’s the limit! No kidding. There is no limit to the available research opportunities. It makes the job a ton of fun!
So… those are my quick thoughts. I joined this team in June 2013 and am loving it. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do technical research, then this might be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
If for some reason that link doesn’t work, please visit careers.gartner.com and search for “IRC26388.”
Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions or just want to chat about the opportunity.
ps: You can read Anton’s thoughts on the position, too.
Read Complimentary Relevant Research
Predicts 2017: Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence is changing the way in which organizations innovate and communicate their processes, products and services. Practical...
View Relevant Webinars
How to Live Without Mobile Device Management
This webinar addresses the growing trend of users refusing to have enterprise management of their mobile devices due to privacy concerns....
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.