Very, very busy day but somehow the energy levels keep on coming. The questions keep on coming too – and that is what seems to excite and generate adrenalin. Another great day. Main take away, after speaking to numerous large and midsize organizations:
- Though the concept of Master Data Management might arguably be generally understood by some (even in a company), it is NOT well understood widely, nor is the actual practice that mature!
- The vast majority of firms – over the three days – are not doing Enterprise Information Management. I would say that many companies have good examples of pockets of information management goodness, but very few are mature or even half mature with EIM
- Underlying most inquiries were two themes for the week: how to relate or increase business value from an information asset; how to deliver compounded increase in information yield.
Here is an updated meta tag report for the 1-1s to Wednesday evening:
- Getting started with Master Data Management/Information Governance/MDM Strategy 17 (54%)
- How to actually implement information governance in the business/emergence of information stewardship applications/master data and/or content or big data 12 (38%)
- Defining information governance/13 minutes a week of work; what your data stewards should be doing 8 (25%)
- Enterprise Metadata Management/evolving from MDM towards EIM/content governance 6 (19%)
On to Thursday – 1-1’s schedule even after the final presentation! Awesome.
Category: Business Case Business Drivers Content Governance Data Governance Data Quality Data Stewardship Enterprise Information Management (EIM) Gartner IT/Expo Gartner IT/Expo 2012 Information Governance Information Trust Master Data Management Tags: